Saturday 13 November 2010

The pointlessness of materialism

'Adopt the european concept of possessing a few,really good expensive classic things '

Shoes,sandals,flatties,high heels,low heels,strappy ankle peep toes,knee high boots,ankle boots,

Dresses,saris,tops,jeans,skirts

Delectable,desirable,addictive,irresistible and oh so tempting above all !

Does it really bring me joy? Of course it does !

I still feel pride,joy and nostalgia about the beauty,color,design and bargain I got on the black flat boots,the wee tan boots,the numerous shoes I have,everytime I rearrange them or wear them,I don’t wanna wear them out or give them away soon inorder to make them last, its like making my joy last ! If only it could last forever ! Its fleeting joy after all - a soda pop kinda kick I get at the time of purchase,and while using them !

Had been looking out for T-bars and wee court shoes - got great bargains and classic designs at clarks recently-incidentally - december was the month I  bought 5pairs of shoes - 3pairs from clarks,low boots from laredoute and I won blue stilletoes and 1pair of choc brown cowboy boots. Had been looking out for thses since ages,now I have them,yes I am happy now !

Yes it feels nice to start the new year on a new note- new clothes( zara ) and new shoes,makes me cheer up post the end of the festivities depression phase when we've all run out of money n ideas to chill during the dark,dull grey mornings!the only positive way to look at the last depressing fortnight of january is to label it the 'love month' -14th jan till 14th feb - wedding anniversary till valentine's day !


Should I buy more ? Should I simply discard n give away to charity my old stuff that I am so sentimental about? Those sunny sultry afternoons after my teaching job that I'd spend hunting in the various export reject stores at breach candy and cumballa hill,the shopping sprees at pondicherry with trainee teachers at Pondicherry during my training for a week,the clothes buying sprees at Brands are us with my pals in the suburbs !those were the carefree days - shopping for big brands with easy money -just for myself !